Powered By Blogger

Sunday 11 September 2016

Still Working on the Blanket and other things

It is ages since  I did any work on my blanket. I managed to do a few rows this weekend and it felt good to be doing this again. It is going to be a couple more months I think before it is completed. I dare not add up the number of hours I have spent on it so far.  What I did not realise, when I decided to use Tunisian crochet for this project, was how compact the stitch is. This means that it takes a long time for it to grow.  Perhaps a larger hook would have been better.  However, it will make a lovely dense and warm blanket, when it is completed.  Probably well worth the wait.


Anyway, whilst having a break from the blanket, I have added a few more flower brooches to my Folksy shop.  These are crocheted in a lovely cotton yarn, which I got from  Three Bears Yarn, who are a small company based in Lancashire.  They have some lovely colours.

.
I have also made this striped shoulder bag.  I used Stylecraft, DK acrylic yarn in gold and lime green, The bag is now for sale in my Folksy shop.


I am being told that now is the time to advertise Christmas items.  I am usually on the back foot in this respect and leave things until the last minute.  This year I am starting early and have already started a garland, which I hope to share with you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment